10 October 2010

so many posts... (Sunnyside Playground)

are in my head, but finding time to type them out is the issue.  I've wanted to write about the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, Barney's Burgers, the Giants game, Glen Park Library, Tyger's, El Toredor, and then yesterday we went to a new Indian place in the mission and took the baby to the pumpkin patch.  So I'm going to try to write everyday this week - we'll see how far good intentions go...
I want to also write a cute thing about the baby - he does so many!  you know how sometimes your leg twitches just as you are falling to sleep?  Well, sometimes D does that, too, but he's so little his whole body shakes!  It almost makes me laugh, but I don't want him to wake up.
So today I'll tell you about a place we wind up at most days - Sunnyside Playground.
On Forester and Melrose, a few blocks from Monterey, this playground was newly remodeled about a year or two ago.  They have baby swings, of course, but they also have these big red circles - about three feet in diameter that you can put your baby in with or without you. We like to lay in it together, or D will sit up on my tummy - he laughs so hard when he sees my feet pushing us because it looks like I'm just wiggling them in the air. There's a slide complex and climbing stuff, and a great big sand area that has a water spout for building castles.  (There's also plenty of things for bigger kids, too.)The bathrooms are generally clean and they have changing tables in the men's and the women's rooms.  They also have water fountains - this is where D first took a drink from one and he was so proud of himself! There's grassy areas where once D can run I imagine we will spend a lot of time.  The  only problem with the park is that there isn't a lot of shade - hardly any.  Not a problem most foggy days, but on the few sunny ones we get, watch out.  It's a great playground to check out - meet you by the slide!

No comments:

Post a Comment